Production Blog: So close yet so far

Welcome back!!!! So for our film package we need to make the film, of course, a website and a post card. I am in charge of the website as I mentioned before. Which I have been working on for the past week. I'm not going to lie it was a little difficult trying to figure out how to make a website because I am so bad at technology and what not. However, I did have time to learn somewhat how to do it. I ended up using a website to make my website. Ironic but it is working so far. I started by using a template. At first I just did the home page by adding the festivals, some info, and forms to RSVP for the festivals. I also added a menu which I thought would direct people to the sections on the home page, however, only the subscribe button directs people to the bottom of the page. I found this out when I did a preview of the website. I pressed all of the buttons and realized the about and booking sections to you to complete different pages. I know that websites do that so don't think I was just dumb - I'm not. Trust. I just thought I set it up to sending it to sections on the page. I guess not. After that I made the about page our mission statement and some links to mental health helps since that's what our whole thing is about. Then for the booking page I was just planning on deleting it since I placed the forms on the home page, and you can pay at the festivals. BUT. When I tried to delete it the website wouldn't let me. Originally I took the "booking" tab off the menu so no one could reach it, which is basically another form of deleting it. But, I found out the website I was using, Wix, offers services that helps the creator book sessions and what not for others. So I made that the way for payment for the festivals. I included the time, link, and price.  I mostly did this because I was scared someone could accidentally get to that page and be confused to the random stuff. Plus I couldn't leave things half done. All of the other pages I deleted. So for the most part everything is done. Only thing left is a picture of us in the about page, but we don't have one. Don't worry though I am basically done. As for everything else my group is in charge of that so there is not much for me to report on.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film Package: Bedlam